Instructions for on-line Sedation Certification Registration
- After you read the instructions click on the text in step 12 “To pay for and enter course “Click Here”.
- After clicking the button you will be directed to the Account log in screen.
- On the right side of the account log in screen you will see “Register here” read the instructions and click “Create new account”.
- Fill in all the information using correct capitalization. You must have a current ACLS or PALS for certification. After the information is filled in click “Create my new account” at the bottom.
- You will receive an email with directions and a course link. Normally the Email is immediate, it may take up to 5 minutes. If it takes longer please check the “spam” folder in your Email.
- Check the email account you registered with and click the conformation link.
- You should be directed back to the Sedation courses, click on “Moderate Sedation Certification 2nd Edition” to purchase this course.
- Scroll down to the credit card information. Fill out the credit card information entering the “billing” name and address for the credit card you are using. When the information is completed click on “Send Payment” If you have any trouble or wish to pay by check please call 866-312-3159.
- Read the instructions before starting the course and before each module.
- To re-access the course return to http://testing.sedationcertification.com and click on log in in the top right corner. Your course is Moderate Sedation Certification 2nd Edition”.
- Enter your personal user name and password that you signed up with.
- If you do not receive your confirmation Email or have any other trouble please email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
- To enroll and pay for course: [button text=”Click here” title=”Click here” url=”https://testing.sedationcertification.com/login/index.php” align=”left” target=”_self”]
To Print this page:
Windows: Click the “Ctrl” and “p” key at the same time, then click print.
Mac: Command + Shift +3 that will take a screen shot, then open the screen shot and click File -> Print
Moderate Sedation Certification Course Objectives
The Learner will be able to:
- Discuss the differences between minimal sedation, moderate sedation, deep sedation, and general anesthesia.
- State 4 objectives/goals of sedation.
- Identify your institution’s policy regarding care of the patient undergoing sedation.
- Demonstrate care for the patient during pre-procedure, intra-procedure, and post-procedure phases of sedation.
- List the drugs, routes, and dosages for the drugs commonly used in moderate sedation.
- Discuss antidotes (dosage, side effects, indications) for commonly used drugs with sedation.
- Describe signs and symptoms of partial and complete airway obstruction.
- Demonstrate interventions to correct partial and complete airway obstruction.
- Identify side effects and contraindications to medications that have the potential to suppress a patient’s protective reflexes and respirations.
- Discuss the significance of utilizing the ASA classification during pre/post procedural pediatric and adult assessment.
- Integrate age-specific principles into care of the pediatric and geriatric patient undergoing moderate sedation.
- Document clearly, completely, and according to established standards, policies and instructions.
- Administer moderate sedation safely.
- Effectively manage complications which might arise during moderate sedation.