|Maximum Number||Discount||Fee Per Seat
|Example 10 seat purchase||10%||$225||$2,250 (10 x $225.00)|
|Prices subject to change without notice|
CLICK HERE TO VIEW BROCHURE – Updated brochure coming soon!
Certify your staff in Moderate Sedation
This program is designed to allow non-anesthesia health care professionals to examine the safety standards in the administration of Propofol, Ketamine, Fentanyl and other conscious sedation medications. The participant will review assessment, airway, and medications to include sedation, anesthesia, reversal and emergency drugs including possible complications and continuum of care. Joint Commission standards and State Board of Nursing policies are discussed.
Benefits of the facility agreement:
- The facility agreement is in effect for two (2) years from date of purchase.
- Value pricing for multiple RN, PA and MD Certifications from the facility agreement.
- Meets current Joint Commission Standards for hospital and surgery center Conscious Sedation.
- LPNs can receive CE Credits and certificate of completion (not Certification).
- Includes a one year complimentary membership in the American Association of Moderate Sedation Nurses (AAMSN).
- RNs receive the Certified Sedation Registered Nurse) CSRN from the AAMSN.
- The certification can be taken on line for immediate CE Credit notification.
- Approved for 10 Contact Hours for RNs and LPNs.*
- Monthly Sedation eNewsletter.
- The perfect way to ensure your facility and your sedation providers understand the laws of your state and Joint Commission Standards.
- Very economical for facilities certifying 10 or more RNs, PAs and MDs over a two year period.
- Scheduling flexibility to decrease expense from travel and time off.
Requirements for Certification:
Current RN, PA, MD, DO, DDS license
Current ACLS and/or PALS certification
The Learner will be able to:
- Use a pre-sedation competency checklist to self-evaluate current moderate sedation competencies.
- Define the levels of sedation.
- Discuss the Joint Commission guidelines for sedation.
- Identify critical elements of the patient preoperative assessment.
- List the four Mallampati classifications for airway assessment.
- Describe the various oxygen delivery systems and airway adjuncts.
- Discuss the pharmacology of common moderate sedation and reversal agents.
- Identify potential complications and appropriate treatment.
- Discuss pre and post-operative techniques in suggestibility and semantics.
- Select medications and dosages for moderate sedation and patient rescue.
- Monitor ECG, Heart rate, respiratory rate, oxygen saturation, and EtCO2
- Identify from the post-competency checklist the needed additional competency training and experience for safe and effective sedation.
Why be a CSRN™?
- They are a tremendous asset to the physician.
- They are knowledgeable of the medications used.
- They possess the skills to properly assess the patient’s condition.
- They can effectively intervene in the event of complications.
- They are knowledgeable of the regulations, protocols, and guidelines applicable:
- Patient monitoring.
- Drug administration.
- And aware of potential complications/emergencies before, during and after the procedure.
Gated Course Description:
- 6.5 hours of videos: 8 parts of lectures and reviews.
- Two competency simulator cases.
- Course manual in PDF, Flipbook, or purchase a hardcopy separate.
- 50 question-cumulative exam, separated by 5 questions for each part.
- Pre and Post-Sedation Competency Assessment.
- Course is available with Internet Access through a PC or laptop, Downloadable program for PC, Apple and Android devices.
You will receive:
- Notification right away if you pass! Download/print your Contact Hours Certificate upon successful completion.
- Via USPS mail to either your facility or participants, each Certification in Moderate Sedation Certificate suitable for framing.
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing. Provider # CEP 15997 for 10 Contact Hours.
The American Board of Certification for Gastroenterology Nurses (ABCGN) has designated Sedation Certification and Clinical Competency as GI-Specific for 6.75 contact hours.
Physician category II CMEs.